Doxa Church is committed to helping men and women understand what God has to say about marriage and equipping you to carry out God’s grand purposes for this important and lifelong relationship. We believe that investing time now, will help your marriage grow to become the great blessing God intended for your lives together. We have designed this ministry and its content to help prepare you for a marriage that will glorify God and last a lifetime.
We believe this premarital training holds value for you because:
- Our culture defines love and marriage in ways that are often contrary to God’s intentions and purposes. So, we will help you understand the biblical perspective of love and marriage.
- Since 50% of all marriages end in divorce, we want to help you build a foundation that weathers life’s storms so your marriage glorifies God and lasts a lifetime.
- Most people invest a significant amount of their resources in college to prepare for their careers. We believe the time you invest in this premarital training is commensurate with the purposes and importance of the marriage relationship.
- Because sex, money, extended family issues, communication, spiritual direction, and the roles of a husband and wife are often major causes of conflict in marriages, we believe that addressing those issues now will help equip you to face these challenges when they come up in your marriage.
The premarital training process will require:
- Openness - We can only discuss the issues in a helpful manner if you are honest with me/us and with each other.
- Humility & Teachability - A lot of what we present will challenge our more natural selfish orientation. Please keep an open mind and come with a desire to learn and an appetite for God’s grace for your life.
- Homework - We expect that you will complete all of the homework assignments on time. They are a valuable part of the learning process.
- Submission & Faith - By taking this training, you are actively submitting yourselves to the leadership of the church to equip you for one of the most significant relationships of your life.
The premarital training process has two modules that are sequential:
Module 1: PREMARITAL FOUNDATIONS CLASS
Open to anyone interested in understanding the Biblical basis for building a marriage that glorifies God and includes two, 2-hour group lecture/discussions addressing the following subject matter:
- Purpose of Marriage
- Relating to One Another
To register for the Fall 2017 class, click the button below.
Module 2: PRIVATE PREMARITAL MENTORING
Private Premarital Mentoring is available to Covenant Members of Doxa upon completion of the Premartial Foundations Class. Sessions includes four, 2-hour Private Couple Mentoring Sessions that address the following areas:
- Personal History and Prepare / Enrich Assessment
- Redeeming Your Marriage
- Money and Marriage
- Sexual Intimacy in Marriage
For more information about Premarital Mentoring, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Doxa Church we marry those who are members of Doxa Church. Our qualifications for membership are: (a) A personal commitment of faith in Jesus Christ for salvation (b) baptism by immersion as a testimony of salvation (c) affirmation of the foundational theology and teaching at Doxa Church (d) affirmation of membership covenant. You can find out more about membership here.